Thursday, April 5, 2012

Pinterest Craft #1

I have decided that every week/weekend I am going to make a DIY or craft from Pinterest. This is my very first one. My grandmother’s birthday is this easter weekend and she has a love for birds and birdhouses. I saw a craft on Pinterest that would be a great present for her. This blog http://www.u-createcrafts.com/search?updated-max=2012-03-06T02:00:00-07:00&max-results=7&start=28&by-date=false has some really cool crafts that are super easy. The birdhouse key holder in this blog is much cooler than mine because they used designed tape and it made them look nicer. I just used Martha Stewart paint for all surfaces.
I went to Michael’s craft store and bought a base for the birdhouses to sit out (I figured it would be easier for my Grandpa to be able to mount it to the wall). In the other blog the birdhpouses were mounted straight to the wall so I took my own twist on this craft. I added fake grass and a lot of hot glue that I repeatedly got stuck on my fingers. Since the poles on the front of the birdhouses are too short for keys to hang on I will be adding hooks to the front edge of the base to hold keys.
The next craft is still undecided but I am sure I will figure it out soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment