Thursday, June 14, 2012

Self-made Glitter Ornaments

Awhile back, in December, I made ornaments for all my cousins on my dad's side. I bought 8 glass ornaments, six different colors of glitter (gold, silver, pink, green, blue and white), acrylic paint (3 different colors) and ribbon. I am 1 of 9 grandchildren on my Dad's side and one cousin isn't around very often so I made 6 of them, and included my brother in ornament decoration. I used the paint to write their names on the outside and chose the glitter color according to their favorite colors.

This photo below is similar to what I did, but I did not use the dye color that she used. I kept the glass ornaments the way they were, poured 1/2 a teaspoon of the glitter glue into the ornament, dumped the glitter inside and rotated the ornament slowly until it was completely covered with glitter. The issue I came across is that if you put too much glue inside, the glitter will slide too much even though it looks like it is drying - it isn't. Once they are back in their plastic holders (like in the picture) make sure to rotate them every 15 minutes. You don't want the glitter to pool in one spot and then not be able to fix it later.

Since I cannot find my photo from it, I found someone who did a very similar project to me, here is her image and blog page to check out.
http://www.lifewithkatie.com/2008_12_01_archive.html

No comments:

Post a Comment