Monday, June 18, 2012

Painted Glasses

All of my materials are from Hobby Lobby:
2 glasses
paint
25 piece brush set


I placed dots at the curve all the way around the glass in order to smoothly create a straight line. When it comes to a curved glass, painting in straight lines with even placement of the paint is difficult.









After completely covering the section of glass for I let the paint dry before I added any other paint. Since you are able to see through the glass when held in the light, make sure that it is evenly covered otherwise you will be able to see all the places that you missed with paint. You might have to do several coats in order to completely cover all the surfaces.






finished glass # 1











I did the same process for the second glass but with a different design. This time I covered the entire top of the glass. Again, check in the light to be sure that all the spots on the glass are covered with paint. Depending on what you use these glasses for you might be able to see the spots that you have missed.










Final glass #2

No comments:

Post a Comment