Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Baby shower gifts

So I just found out the other day that a friend of mine is having a boy! I thought for sure I was right when I said she was having a girl, but I was wrong. We have been calling her baby, Baby Pickle, since we didn't know what the gender was just yet. Her baby shower isn't for a month or two still but I am slowly starting to put things together for her. I, Aunt B, am going to spoil this little kid rotten and she might hate me by the end of it, but that's ok!

Of course I have turned to Pinterest to come up with a few ideas. Here is what I have found so far: 


Baby Boy Shower Cake

If I had decorative skills, I would try something like this...but I don't

I don't have the patience or the creativity but I would be willing to try it someday!








So far the only thing that I haven't liked about Pinterest is that when you search for baby shower gifts, it all comes up with baby shower IDEAS - which I am not planning her shower so I don't need those ideas, I need gift ideas. You have to treat it much like you do Google ~ try several different search keywords to get what you want.

I am thinking about making a tie fleece blanket for her  - a mom/son one - maybe matching? But in different color fabrics? Of course I will be adding more things to this gift but I want to have a personal touch to it since she is one of my best friends. Any suggestions are welcome!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment