Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beer cap centerpiece

I have been working on a beer cap centerpiece. If you don't have all the beer caps at once, it might take some time. I bought a centerpiece tray from Hobby Lobby for $20 and I have collected beer caps throughout the past semester. I also bought cream and burgundy spray paint for the bottle caps. The spray paint takes about 20 minutes to dry and then I super glued them to the bottom of the centerpiece. Once I have all the caps, I will cover the entire thing in a shellac to fill in the spaces between each cap. I will post progress as I get close to finishing.....


9/1 - I currently have one more line to do an then I will add the shalack over the top and hope that it stays. I'm thinking either a candle centerpiece covered in sticks around the outside or a tall glass container with pinecones or a candle for the middle. This project is taking much longer than I thought because the collection of the bottle caps is something that I did not think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment