Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Pinteresting Craft - Candlestick poof ball

I went to a craft store here in town and bought an 89 cent styrofoam ball, 200 cupcake wrappers, 200 sewing pins, hot glue and a candlestick holder. This one took me much longer than I anticipated and was quite frustrating. I wish I had known how particular I was going to be about how it looked before I started. The hard part about this was that the pins had to go in at an angle, hopefully not interfering with the other pins already in the styrofoam. Once the cupcake wrappers were in, it was difficult to get the pin all the way down so that the wrapper stayed nicely in line with the others.

Hot glue is a much better way to get the styrofoam to stay than sticky glue. Since the candlestick was glass, it needed to be securely on there. I highly suggest hot glue, lots of patience and lots of pins and cupcake wrappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment